The mission of the Carmel Arts Council is to encourage and promote the arts for all ages through its leadership, financial, and volunteer support in order to nourish a vibrant culture in the Carmel Community.
A brief overview of the many ways the CAC impacts the community includes:
- Managing the Children’s Art Gallery showcasing K – 5 art from each elementary school during the school year
- Showcasing Middle School and High School art during the school year
- Exhibiting artwork from the students of Kawachinagano, Japan, Carmel’s “Sister City”
- Providing 2 Visual Art Scholarships yearly
- Providing a Spring and Fall art contest open to the K – 12 community
- Exhibiting art work of underrepresented students through the Advisory Committee on Disability
- Training emerging high school curators for special shows
- Providing Veggie Art activities for special community festivals
- Providing Art in the Garden during “Meet me on Main” days 2nd Saturday of each month April – October
- Participating in Carmel on Canvas
- Participating in Carmel’s International Art Festival
We look forward to partnering with local businesses to continue to serve the children and families of Carmel. We thank you in advance for your support.